... journeys never end... destination is only an excuse!

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Makronahalli Dam (RTMC)

After a long wait, I was glad to see this ride announcement from RTMC. I wanted to experience this cult thing which everyone talks about. Long rides are not anything new for me but riding along so many bullets is a great experience.

From RTMC-Makronah...


We all were supposed to meet at 6:30 am on Mekhri circle. I kept two alarms one at 4:30 and the other at 5:00... nothing could wake me up as I slept late exploring D80. I woke up around 5:30 and got myself on bullet by 6:00. By the time I reached MG Road it started raining, I thought it is going to add more fun to this ride! On my way I saw few bullets at Cubbon park, I was sure that they are part of this ride. I did not stop, but continued to Mekhri circle just to be on time. Got little disappointed to find nobody over there! Then I saw one bullet (Sri Ram) standing on the other side of the road. Within couple of minutes there came 5 bullets roaring :) I was glad to take my bullet and park it next to the other bullets. Within no time that whole area got full with different kinds of iron horses ;) I could not resist myself from taking out the camera to capture these wonderful beasts.

From RTMC-Makronah...


We had few brief introductions while everyone helped themselves with hot cup of tea. There were two different bikes, Beamer (Sam) and Karizma. Later I came to know that those two guys are founder members of this club, who upgraded their bikes after experiencing different kinds of bullets. Finally the ride captain announced the rules; 1. Everyone to keep the lights on 2. None shall overtake the pointer (Beamer) 3. Sweep (Kartik) will ride last to ensure nobody is missed out. We all roared our bullets and started off... :) I felt very happy!

From RTMC-Makronah...


Our first stop was Shell petrol bunk on Tumkur road. I wanted to pick one film roll, but they had no stock. After everyone picked whatever they needed, we started off again. Few of the riders who had reached Nelmangala cross were waiting over there. By the time I reached there, the point had just started off, so I continued without stopping. Weather was perfect... route was scenic... the ride... amazing experience! Some of the riders had stopped at Kunigal to appreciate the procession of school kids marching with flags and music band. It was a very brief stop before we headed for the breakfast stop. There was a heavy rush for breakfast at that hotel. We all waited for about 15 mins for our turn only to find the idlis to be finished. We had to settle for some vada and puri. Had some tea before starting our ride. There were about 25 bullets parked all over, the passers by and the folks of that small town were appreciating that spectacle :)

(to be continued...)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Simple... Live by my Heart