... journeys never end... destination is only an excuse!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Day 1 (October 20th, 2006)

Set the alarm for 3:30, hoping to start off by 4:30. But the lazy me did not cooperate at all. He was shouting at me to cancel everything and take rest at home. After a lot of struggle I managed to win over him by 7:00.

I drove only till inner ring road, found the left mirror moving like a flag. I stopped and tightened the mirror, hoping that it will not bother me any further. Till I crossed the city, it kept on troubling me. Finally I had to fix it by force. By the time I crossed the city I was totally exhausted... horrible traffic, irritating mirror, hot sun and adding to that, the lazy me had not given up his fight.

Before starting this trip itself I had decided that I am going to eat only local food and drink only normal water. Still I carried a bottle of water from home. After crossing the city I noticed that the luggage was not tied properly, which was causing discomfort to the ride. I stopped by the side of a big tree and started retying the luggage. Thats when I noticed my blunder, that tree and the whole area had lots of monkeys. I managed to tie it fast and slowly slipped off safely, just lucky! The riding comfort got better and I started increasing the speed, suddenly there was some sound... something fell off... it was my water bottle. I stopped to check whether it was in any usable shape... but in vain. Some passer by picked it up and showed me how bad it was. I sighed and resumed by journey.

The body clock was telling me that I should stop for breakfast. Through out the trip I followed the body clock! Every day I woke up by the same time... breakfast, tea, lunch, tea & dinner almost at the same fixed time everyday. I was never so punctual when in city. Finally I found some place for breakfast. This time it was crows, I had to almost fight with them to finish my breakfast. May be, I should have left something for them to eat... I did not! I drank whatever water he gave me. Now with renewed energy I started again full throttle only to be stopped by pot holes. I guess I rode through some scenic route but I was too busy escaping one pot hole after the other. Finally I managed to reach Chamrajnagar for lunch.

(to be continued...)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Simple... Live by my Heart