... journeys never end... destination is only an excuse!

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Day 3 (October 22, 2006)

Woke up quite early so that I can get myself out of that place. My initial thought was to visit the temple before I headed out of Madhurai. I just did not feel that connection that day! I collected my driving license which I had deposited at the reception. Again the guys over there were demanding tips, which was ridiculous. I tied all my bags on the bike and was about to start. Then I realised that I did not unlock the handle! Made one of those guys to unlock the handle and got him to get the bike out of parking place. It made me feel little better as he did something for the tip I gave. Checked the map and directions once again and started off, leaving Madhurai behind.

Riding on NH7 was not so thrilling, except for the time when I almost ran into a huge kite. Eagle family is something I love. It felt very different to have breakfast in typical Tamilnadu style on banana leaf with those idlis and sambar. One thing I liked there was, one has to dispose off that leaf oneself. I got another tank full at Tirunelveli. As I was getting close to Kanya Kumari I could see thousands of windmills all around. These were smaller in size compared to the ones I saw after Pollachi. This highway is close to two wildlife sanctuaries (Kalakad & Mundanthurai). The view towards my right was very good with these wildlife sanctuaries at a distance. Before I could completely enjoy that place I had reached Kanya Kumari. I was looking for blue water all around... but I could find nothing of that sort! For a moment I got a doubt whether I travelled in the right direction or not! All I could see was something like a green mountain range all around. After some time I realised that it was water, cloudy sky was making the water look in a different color. It was ok, but not like something that I had expected before I started my ride :(

It was like any other tourist destination... big crowds, lot of shops, some places of attraction... over all busy busy! However I managed to find a nice accommodation just outside the temple with a nice sea view. Here again I did not feel like going into the temple that day and went around Kanya Kumari. That time I was not knowing that there was a great experience waiting for me on the next morning. It made my whole trip worthwhile.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Simple... Live by my Heart