... journeys never end... destination is only an excuse!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Day 2 (October 21, 2006)

Staying at luxurious accommodation has its own advantages. I had a very good sleep and also pampered myself in that very spacious bath room with hot water and showers. Unlike the previous day that lazy me was nowhere around. After going 350+ Kms away from home if he tries to tell me to laze around it would be only insanely foolish of him. He is not that foolish after all :) While checking out, the guy at the reception asked me where I was going and where I had come from. He gave me a crazy look, don't know what he might had thought but gave me directions to get out of that town towards Munnar.

It was second time I did the same mistake of taking the right turn at a wrong crossing, but the intuitive me corrected my course within few Kms after deviation. All I had in my mind was to cover as much as possible before I stop for breakfast. Early morning... pleasant weather... empty roads... scenic landscape... fully recharged me... great going iron horse... It was so perfect, I was enjoying every moment of that. Before I started this trip I read someones travelogue to Munnar. It had a mention about this stretch of road and a warning to the bike riders. I was then thinking what could that be. Within few minutes I realized what that was. Wind mills... that area was very windy. There are few wind mills just adjacent to the road. They are SO... HUGE... each is about the hight of 10 floor building and these HUGE blades rotating at a decent speed. Adding to that these are not just one or two in number... but in hundreds or may be thousands! Look anywhere you will find a swarm of huge windmills all over the place! Passing next to those huge marvels is a humbling experience. Humans are so minuscule in size but their ego and mind are so gigantically selfish and destructive. I hate myself to be born as human.

Soon I found myself in Udumalpet. I managed to find my route to Munnar from the center of the town. That road was good with a lot of trees on either side. At couple of junctions I cross checked my route to make sure that I was going in the right direction. I kept on looking for a place where I can get some breakfast... but in vain as those villages were waking up only then. At one of those turns there was a huge crowd and most of them looked worried!

There was an accident just few minutes back then. Ambulance and Press had just arrived. The person had died on the spot and the bike was lying next him totally deformed. I guess that bike rider did not pay attention at that turn and went head-on with the tree. It was early morning and he must be from one of those near by villages. One mistake... and he was no more! Just then one of those 'what if's popped in my mind. I told myself, 'you made up your mind for anything, why are you worried now!' So true... nothing matters anymore.

(to be continued)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Simple... Live by my Heart