... journeys never end... destination is only an excuse!

Monday, March 19, 2007

In search of water bodies...

I have been thinking of going to some water bodies around for birding! (to be very specific... feathered ones only)

Today being Ugadi holiday, (we are celebrating it tomorrow) Srinu called me for lunch. It was nice to meet his parents after a long time. While I was riding back from his place suddenly this idea struck me... How about checking out the condition of water bodies in this part of the city!

As usual, there was no gap between thought and action... instead of taking left turn on St.John's road, I rode straight ahead towards Jaksandra. There is a huge water body inviting, however I was not carrying my binoculars so had to decline that invitation :( I will definitely visit that place some time very soon. It has a nice garden and a jogging path around the lake... good place for birding.

To the left I saw a lot of green lands, I guess it is Belandur. As I was wondering how to go there, I reached Sarjapur signal. I remember seeing some water body on the way to Sarjapur. My Bull knows what I am thinking, it took me straight towards that. After reaching there, I got a doubt whether it is a water body or some land acquired by real estate developers. So was the state of that water body! Thought of riding into that, however managed to control that idea and came back on to the outer ring road.

I did not like those cityscapes at all... huge apartment complexes everywhere... I have my own reservations on the concept of apartment complexes and the life style in those concrete jungles! As I was riding back, I thought of visiting Vinay. That was an excuse to ride towards Belandur! It was nice to meet his family after a long time.

He gave me a decent idea about that route. I never expected to see such greens inside the city. It was very pleasing to eyes and the off road was cool :) As I crossed the village, I found myself on the boundary of airport! This time, I thought I shall see the area around the airport and my Bull followed. I liked the ride... exploring the unexplored is always a pleasure :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

fancy finding u here - good show

About Me

My photo
Simple... Live by my Heart